Tuesday 20 January 2009

Training 09

My training at the moment has to tone down for the start of a new University term. But I have a very clear aim for this term, which is to train consistently throughout the term at a lower rate than normal. Normally I try to keep the same training schedule I keep out of term as I go into it and within a week I’ve burnt out and need to take a few weeks off. The rest of term I struggle to get back into a normal regime
I plan to:
Run twice a week.
Swim once a week
Play squash once a week
Climb once a week
Hit the gym once a week.
So, 6 activities. One every day of the week and every Monday off. This regime is specifically designed to work out my entire body but not to place any strain on a specific muscle group. It’s also meant to be very versatile and enjoyable. The running and swimming will be easygoing, middle to long distances. In this way I plan to relax through my training, making it easier to continue as the weeks progress. It should also mean I come out of term with a fitness level equal to or greater than when I start. A feat I have yet to accomplish in 2 and a half years of university.
I realise there’s no PK officially scheduled for this term. While in previous terms I have made the effort to train in the few spots around Durham, I prefer PK training in the summer and personally don’t see the benefit of spending long periods outdoors in the winter, putting excess strain on the body and making it more likely that you’ll get ill and disrupt your training and your work with the problems illness entails.

No comments:

Post a Comment